Welcome to Foothills Market!
We are farmers from Johnson County committed to bringing you fresh, high-quality, locally-grown products, including vegetables, fruit, flowers, eggs, and meat. We also offer a selection of cottage foods, jams, and jellies in compliance with guidelines from the Arkansas Department of Health.
How is Foothills Market different?
Our goal is to fill a gap left by other options you have for buying food. Unlike the big grocery stores that ship in their produce, we offer products grown in the local area, meaning your food is picked when it is fully ripe for best flavor. We also strive to use more environmentally-friendly farming methods so the food you eat doesn’t have chemical residues. The worst thing you should have to wash from our produce would be a little dirt!
We also offer you the convenience of online shopping. Each week, you’ll receive an email message that lists what’s available on the market that week. You can browse our products in a variety of categories during one of two shopping “windows” during the week – Monday/Tuesday or Thursday/Friday. You choose the products you want, in the quantity you want, and pay with our secure online payment process. Once you’ve placed your order, we will fill the order, and it will be delivered to a drop-off site where you can pick it up.
Why Shop Foothills Market?
- Better Health: Research shows fruits and vegetables have maximum nutritional value when they are ripe. However, vegetables grown several states – or several countries – away have to be picked before they are fully ripe so they can survive being shipped to your grocery store. Often, these fruits and vegetables are also sprayed with gases and coated with wax to help them still look decent by the time they reach the grocery shelf. Research also shows people who shop farmers’ markets eat more vegetables and a greater variety of vegetables.
- Enhancing Your Local Economy: By purchasing produce and other items from local growers you are supporting local farm businesses and providing stability to your local economy.
- Saving Natural Resources: Since we are here in the community, the demands of transportation and delivery are kept to a minimum. Buying locally makes you an invaluable link in the process of saving resources such as fossil fuels and packaging materials.
- Providing Learning Opportunities: Growers and customers can work together to help educate our community about the importance of sustainable agriculture.
- Supporting a way of life: The number of small farms in the United States has decreased dramatically in the last decade. We believe that small, diverse, family-owned farms contribute to society’s overall health. Please help us preserve an honest and worthy means of making a living.